Do you need help in your salon?
Is your Salon looking for an Assistance?
Do you know someone who is perfect for our Industry?
Become an “Apprentice Salon” and be on the cutting edge.
Your Salon must:
- Be Licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Cosmetology and Barbering
- Select a Salon Supervisor
- Agree to all terms of the Apprenticeship Policy applicable to a Salon including Section D of Policy NO. 2019-01: Student Apprenticeship & Employment Policy. (may be found on https://www.mass.gov/orgs/board-of-registration-of-cosmetology-and-barbering.)
- Agree not to engage apprentices as independent contractors or unpaid workers, but must engage apprentices as employees of the shop. (3) The entry wage rate for every apprentice shall be not less than the minimum wage prescribed by applicable law and shall not be a wage rate for a tipped employee.
- Designate one or more apprentice supervisors, who shall be Massachusetts Board-licensed cosmetologists and must have at least three (3) years of experience in the profession
- Agree not to have an apprentice work in a shop without an apprentice supervisor present.
- Agree not to have an apprentice supervisor supervise more than two (2) apprentices in the shop at the same time.
- Agree to have the apprentice’s supervisor certify to the school each week all hours worked by the apprentice in subjects required by the Board’s Cosmetology regulations, using a form approved supplied by Mansfield Beauty Schools.
- Agree to report to the school in writing any termination for any reason of an apprentice’s services in the shop.
If you are interested in becoming an approved “Apprentice Salon”